On behalf of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., we the Sigma Xi Graduate Chapter would love to extend an opportunity to students at your school to apply for our 2021 High School Essay Contest. The fraternity established this scholarship to encourage and support the higher education pursuit and achievements of college-bound, high school seniors. This year, we are seeking a student to represent our local chapter to compete for our annual $500 scholarship!
– Must be a college-bound, high school senior from one of the following high schools:
– Champaign Centennial H.S.
– Champaign Central H.S.
– Urbana H.S.
– Rantoul H.S.
– Danville H.S.
– Must have a minimum 3.2 GPA
– Must have some leadership experience or community service experience
– Must have demonstrated a commitment to education and scholarship
– Must plan to enroll as a full-time student in an accredited four-year college/university
To apply for the scholarship, please submit the following:
– The completed digital application which includes a photo of the applicant – https://forms.gle/PJ7dQ8YwSdGxaBxr9
– An unofficial high school transcript sent directly from your counselor (can be sent as a PDF)
“Promoting self-employment and entrepreneurship is an important way of creating new jobs and enhancing the labor market for the unemployed and other disadvantaged groups.
In a post-COVID environment, why is it essential that young people change their mindset towards self-employment͍?”
Our Chapter will assemble a review panel to assess submitted essays based on the following criteria. Essays may earn a maximum rating of 100 points:
1. Development of Topic/Thesis: (30 possible points)
2. Progression: (20 possible points)
3. Readability: (25 possible points)
4. Grammar: (15 possible points)
5. Spelling: (5 possible points)
6. Punctuation: (5 possible points)
Please send all supplemental materials to email@example.com or mail to: